Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Genius hack...!


Oh... have I mention that my husband (Mike Sankey) is a luthier? He makes stringed istruments (electric, arch top and all sorts of other guitars). Check out this awesome genius 'IKEA hacked' amplifier he made out of Ikea's Benjamin stool! I think this was a brilliant idea! One of these days I would make Mike a website. He's got so many beauties of  guitars. The electric ones in the pics are also his. Just wanted to brag a little....:)
It's Lola rocking out on the bottom picture:)

7 comments:

Superdumb Supervillain said...

wow! i want one!!!

sadly, we are about 5 hours away from the nearest ikea...

Carolyn Gavin said...

i have these stools as my bedside tables! they definitely are multi purpose. great idea + vision to see an amplfier in one of these.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid my husband's amp is too big for one stool... but may be in a bench?
;oD
Luthier... such a great and interesting job!

Anonymous said...

great idea ! I'll show it to my best guitarist and husband...

greentiger said...

This is so cool. You could submit it to the ikeahacker blog...

Natascha Rosenberg said...

Wow! This is amazing. Your husband is a genius. My boyfriend is bass player and he love's the amp too!

Anonymous said...

Hot dang, that's awesome.