Thursday, April 23, 2009



The Earth day turned out to be grey and rainy. Good for the flowers... not so good for a relaxing evening walk.
 Margo stayed at home with a cold and missed her much anticipated 'Earth Day performance' at school... but, on the bright side... her birdhouse is now mounted in the backyard and is open for business:)
Lauren Child's "We are Extremely Very Good Recyclers" made a great bed-time story. I'm so proud of my little recyclers! At their age, I didn't even know what that word meant.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

That's an awful nice birdhouse :) I think it's arts & craft projects like this that are practical and have teachable moments that are the most special.

I'm exicted I have a friend who is saving up some pinecones for us so we can roll them up in peanut butter and birdseed when we return home to the US in August. It's fun to think of project like these :)

Carolyn Gavin said...

soo cute! wonderful that they're into it!
xxx

Dick and Dora said...

We are major Charlie and Lola fans in our house so this will be a great addition to the collection.