Thursday, August 16, 2012

sweet little trip to Toronto . .

First stop - TORONTO zoo. I watched my girls watching the animals. The animals were not looking very happy... as it was a hot day and they were, well...living in the zoo. I've made up a whole other 'imaginary' zoo inside my head while we were there. Mine had the Yetis:).
Then we went to AGO to see Picasso exhibit. I loved it! My favourite goat sculpture was 'present' and the smell of artistic cockiness was good for my timid lungs. Couldn't take pictures of the exhibit... but AGO itself doesn't disappoint. Exit hall is like a belly of a ship. Felt swallowed by the building... in a good way:).
and... lastly I visited with Carolyn... lovely wine and conversation... and not enough of either:). Planning on another trip... so I can pick up where I left off.

8 comments:

carolyn Gavin said...

Love all your pics. AGO looks spectacular, girls are adorable and spending time with you was magical. can't wait for the next one!

stace said...

I *must* know where those darling pink shoes came from! I'm in love!

Rigel said...

Striking pink kicks Helen!
That's a perfect way to describe the AGO, you really do feel like you're being swallowed by the grandness of it, but you don't mind.

Alanna Cavanagh said...

Hi Helen
Such a great pic of you at the AGO with those PINK Shoes and I too feel the same way about the design of the Exit hall - Belly of a ship!

orange you lucky! said...

Thanks Girls!
Carolyn, I can't wait for the next time either. Oh, why must summers be so full of work. Rhetorical, of course.

* Pink shoes are my favourite Swedish Hasbeens.

XX,H

dawn machell said...

I once I went to Toronto. LOVED it. Bit far to go regularly though *sad face*.
Loving the happy shoes :-)

karumina said...

Que afortunada eres!!!

Anonymous said...

I really like all your designs, I say to heart.
Greetings.